Southern Africa travel guide
7th Edition Sep 2017
Ships in 1-2 business days
PDF, EPUB, MOBI
Digital PDF only
Book + eBook
An astonishingly diverse region fused by its prolific wildlife, breathtaking landscapes and remnants of ancient culture, Southern Africa is Africa at its most memorable. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Southern Africa, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Southern Africa is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Clamber up the world’s oldest sand dunes in Sossusvlei, step back in time on Mozambique Island, or enjoy world-class wildlife-watching in Etosha National Park; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Southern Africa and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Southern Africa Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, cuisine, environment, wildlife, music, religion, literature, visual arts
- Over 115 maps
Coverage Includes: Malawi, Zambia, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland and more
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.