*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Southern Africa - Swaziland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Swaziland chapter from Lonely Planet's Southern Africa guidebook.
In short: big things come in small packages. The intriguing kingdom of Swaziland is diminutive, but boasts a huge checklist for any visitor. Rewarding wildlife watching? Tick. Adrenalin-boosting activities? Tick. Lively and colourful local culture? Tick. Plus there's superb walking trails, stunning scenery, and excellent, high-quality handicrafts.
- watch rare black rhinos in the wild at Mkhaya Game Reserve
- browse the craft shops and royal heartland in the Ezulwini and Malkerns Valleys
- shoot wondrous white-water rapids down Usutu River
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mbabane, Ezulwini Valley, Malkerns Valley, Manzini, Northwestern Swaziland, Ngwenya, Malolotja Nature Reserve, Eastern Swaziland, Hlane Royal National Park, Mlawula Nature Reserve, Mkhaya Game Reserve, Understand Swaziland, Swaziland Today, History, The Culture, Religion, Arts & Crafts, Environment, Food & Drink, Survival Guide, Directory A-Z, Getting There & Away, Getting Around
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.