*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Southern Africa - South Africa (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Africa chapter from Lonely Planet's Southern Africa guidebook.
When Archbishop Desmond Tutu called South Africa the 'Rainbow Nation', his words described the very essence of what makes this country extraordinary. Certainly, the blend of peoples and cultures that his oft-used moniker referred to is instantly evident, but the country's diversity stretches far beyond its people.
- tackle Table Mountain, paddle with penguins or just laze on Atlantic beaches in Cape Town
- join rangers at Kruger National Park on a safari of the most involving kind - on foot
- hike towards the peaks of the Drakensberg range for a view of the Amphitheatre
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cape Town, Western Cape, Winelands, The Overberg, Route 62, Garden Route, Central Karoo, Prince Albert & around, West Coast & Swartland, Eastern Cape, Western Region, Central Eastern Cape, Amathole Region, Eastern Karoo, Wild Coast, KwaZulu-Natal, Durban & around, Zululand, The Elephant Coast, Drakensberg, The Midlands, Battlefields, Free State, Bloemfontein, Northern Free State, Eastern Highlands, Gauteng, Johannesburg, Soweto, Western Gauteng, Pretoria & around, Mpumalanga, Eastern Lowveld, Drakensberg Escarpment, Limpopo, Capricorn, Bushveld, Soutpansberg, Venda Region, Valley of the Olifants, North-West Province, Rustenburg, Sun City, Pilanesberg National Park, Madikwe Game Reserve, Mafikeng, Northern Cape, Kimberley, Mokala National Park, Upington & around, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Namakwa & around, Understand South Africa, South Africa Today, History, The Culture, Religion, Arts, Environment, Food & Drink, Survival Guide, Directory A-Z, Getting There & Away, Getting Around
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.