*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Southern Africa - Malawi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Malawi chapter from Lonely Planet's Southern Africa guidebook.
After years of poaching, the Majete Wildlife Reserve is now thoroughly restocked and Malawi has its Big Five again. Add to this some new world-class boutique hotels and luxury lodges, and you can see why Malawi may just be Africa's next big destination.
- soak up the sun in the private coves of Lake Malawi
- visit the first of Malawi's reintroduced lions in Majete Wildlife Reserve
- scramble up twisted peaks and soak up the astounding views of Mt Mulanje
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lilongwe, Northern Malawi, Karonga, Livingstonia, Nyika National Park, Vwaza Marsh Wildlife Reserve, Mzuzu, Nkhata Bay, Likoma Island, Chizumulu Island, Central Malawi, Viphya Plateau, Nkhotakota, Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve, Senga Bay, Monkey Bay, Cape Maclear, Southern Malawi, Liwonde, Liwonde National Park, Zomba, Zomba Plateau, Blantyre & Limbe, Mulanje, Mt Mulanje, Lower Shire, Understand Malawi, Malawi Today, History, The Culture, The Arts, Environment, Food & Drink, Survival Guide, Directory A-Z, Getting There & Away, Getting Around
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.