Southern Africa - Lesotho (PDF Chapter)
Beautiful, culturally rich, safe, affordable and easily accessible from Durban and Johannes-burg, mountainous Lesotho is a vastly underrated travel destination. Even a few days in Leso-tho’s hospitable mountain lodges and trading posts will give you a fresh perspective on Southern Africa.
- experience unique lodge accommodation in the picturesque villages of Semonkong, Malealea, Roma and Ramabanta
- absorb awesome vistas and hike the challenging wilderness of the northern highlands and Sani Pass
- revel in the underrated nature and hikes (and luxury lodge) of Ts’ehlanyane National Park wilderness area
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Maseru, Morija, Roma, Thaba-Bosiu, Northeastern Highlands, Oxbow, Mokhotlong, Sani Top, Southern Lesotho, Semonkong, Malealea, Mafeteng, Mohale’s Hoek, Quthing, Understand Lesotho, Lesotho Today, History, The Culture, Environ-ment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience