Southeast Asia on a Shoestring - Vietnam (PDF Chapter)
This is the Vietnam chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southeast Asia on a Shoestring guidebook.
A kaleidoscope of dazzling colours and subtle shades, limestone highlands and endless rice paddies, full-on cities and laid-back beach resorts, deeply moving war sites and grand coloni-al-era architecture – Vietnam has a unique appeal.
- jaco Island
- explore the colossal caves and outstanding mountainous scenery of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park
- marvel at the thousands of stunning limestone islands in Halong Bay
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hanoi, Northern Vietnam, Halong Bay, Cat Ba Island, Ba Be National Park, Mai Chau, Lao Cai, Bac Ha, Sapa, Dien Bien Phu, Ha Giang Province, North Central Vietnam, Ninh Binh, Tam Coc, Cuc Phuong National Park, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, Demilitarised Zone (DMZ), South-Central Vietnam, Hue, Danang & Around, Hoi An & Around, Southeast Coast, Nha Trang, Mui Ne, Southwest Highlands, Dalat & Around, Ho Chi Minh City & Around, Cu Chi, Tay Ninh, Mekong Delta, Vinh Long, Can Tho, Chau Doc, Ha Tien, Phu Quoc Island, Understand Vietnam, Vietnam Today, History, People & Culture, Arts, Food & Drink, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.