Southeast Asia on a Shoestring - Understand Southeast Asia and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Southeast Asia Today, History, People & Culture, Religion, Re-sponsible Travel, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Southeast Asia on a Shoestring guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, politics and culture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the complex landscape of life in Southeast Asia today
- info on the culinary heaven that you will experience here
- full coverage of the turbulent events affecting this region throughout history
- details on how you can tread lightly in this epic and environmentally rich region
Coverage includes: Southeast Asia Today, History, People & Culture, Religion, Responsible Travel, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health and Language.
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice