Southeast Asia on a Shoestring - Timor-Leste (PDF Chapter)
This is the Timor-Leste chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southeast Asia on a Shoe-string guidebook.
With hardly-touched ‘best-in-the-world’ reefs to dive, dugongs to spot, mountains to climb, and ancient traditions that have survived the ravages of war, Asia’s newest country offers some of the world’s last great off-the-beaten-track adventures.
- check out the world’s best reefs on Ataúro, a short trip from Dili
- climb to the peak of Timor-Leste’s highest mountain, Mt Ramelau, at dawn to watch the sun rise over the clouds
- enjoy a day lazing about on Jaco Island’s powder-white sands, with dazzling snorkelling just offshore
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dili, Ataúro, Eastern Timor-Leste, Baucau, Loi Hunu & Mundo Perdido, Mt Matebian & Around, Tutuala & Jaco Island, Western Timor-Leste, Liquiçá, Maubisse, Hatubuilico & Mt Ramelau, Oecusse, Understand Timor-Leste, Timor-Leste Today, History, People & Culture, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.