No code necessary. See terms.
Southeast Asia on a Shoestring - Timor-Leste (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Timor-Leste chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southeast Asia on a Shoestring guidebook.
With mountains to climb, untouched reefs to dive and ancient traditions that have survived the ravages of war, Asia’s newest country offers some of the world’s last great off-the-beaten-track adventures. Trailblaze your way and find out what everyone’s been missing.
- escape the ‘bustle’ of Dili for the rugged serenity of Atauro Island
- venture to an uma lulik (sacred house) near the misty mountain village of Maubisse after scaling the mighty Mt Ramelau
- make the pilgrimage to Balibó, where five Australia-based journalists were killed in 1975
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dili & around, Atauro Island, Baucau & around, Maubisse, Hatubuilico, Mt Ramelau, Same, Betano, Suai, Oecussi, Understand Timor-Leste, Timor-Leste Today, History, People & Culture, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.