Southeast Asia on a Shoestring - Singapore (PDF Chapter)
This is the Singapore chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southeast Asia on a Shoe-string guidebook.
Beyond the airport transit lounges and shopping malls, Singapore’s multicultural pedigree, Chinese, Malay, Indian and Peranakan, provides travellers with a rich milieu in which to explore, experience and savour all the flavours of Southeast Asia.
- get lost in the futuristic green oasis, Gardens by the Bay, where nature and design col-lide
- navigate Little India, a jumble of gold, textiles, temples and cheap eats
- experience the animal magnetism of Singapore Zoo, one of three outstanding open-concept zoos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Singapore, Singapore Today, History, People & Culture, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.