Southeast Asia on a Shoestring - Philippines (PDF Chapter)
This is the Philippines chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southeast Asia on a Shoe-string guidebook.
This far-flung archipelago is defined by its emerald terraced rice fields, teeming mega-cities, mountain tribes, smouldering volcanoes, bug-eyed tarsiers, fuzzy water buffalo and laid-back people. Explore desert islands, descend into world-class dive sites, and venture deep into the mountains to visit remote tribes.
- drift among the limestone cathedrals and azure lagoons of the Bacuit Archipelago around El Nido
- trek through the skyscraping rice terraces around Banaue and Bontoc in North Luzon’s Cordillera
- have a night out in Manila, a city that never sleeps
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Luzon, Manila, The Cordillera, Vigan, Bicol, Mindoro, Puerto Galera, The Visayas, Boracay, Negros, Siquijor, Cebu, Bohol, Mindanao, Siargao, Cami-guin, Palawan, Puerto Princesa, Sabang, Port Barton, El Nido, Busuanga & the Calamian Is-lands, Understand the Philippines, Philippines Today, History, People & Culture, Food & Drink, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.