*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Southeast Asia on a Shoestring - Myanmar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Myanmar (Burma) chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southeast Asia on a Shoestring guidebook.
Myanmar offers the chance to suspend the demands of modern life and immerse yourself in the spirituality of sacred temples and monasteries. Enjoy slowly unfolding journeys through serene landscapes, including lush jungles, ethnic minority villages and pristine, palm-fringed beaches.
- witness the beauty of a misty dawn breaking over 4000 Buddhist temples on the plains of Bagan from the upper terraces of one of the paya (temples)
- spend longer than you planned at gorgeous Inle Lake, a magical landscape of floating villages, stilted monasteries and aquatic gardens
- use Mandalay as the base for visiting the intriguing old cities of Amarapura, with its famed teak bridge, and some stupa-pendous views from Sagaing
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Yangon & around, The Delta, Pathein, Bago, Taungoo, Pyay, Mt Kyaiktiyo (Golden Rock), Mawlamyine, Bilu Kyun, Hpa-An, Dawei, Inle Lake, Shan State, Nyaungshwe, Pindaya, Kalaw, Kyaingtong, Mandalay & around, Pyin Oo Lwin, Hsipaw, Bagan & around, Monywa, Sittwe, Mrauk U, Understand Myanmar, Myanmar Today, History, People & Culture, Environment, Food & Drink, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.