*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Southeast Asia on a Shoestring - Indonesia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Indonesia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southeast Asia on a Shoestring guidebook.
Indonesia defines adventure: the only limitation is how many of its 17,000-odd islands you can reach before your visa expires. Whether it’s an idyllic remote beach, a glorious discovery underwater or a Bali all-nighter, Indonesia scores.
- surf by day, party at night and absorb amazing culture in Bali
- ascend the ancient Buddhist stupa of Borobudur before trawling the batik markets of nearby Yogyakarta
- gaze at the iconic dragons at Komodo National Park, then rock on in hopping Labuanbajo in Nusa Tenggara
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Java, Jakarta, Bogor, Bandung, Pangandaran, Batu Karas & around, Wonosobo, Dieng Plateau, Yogyakarta, Prambanan, Borobudur, Solo (Surakarta) around, Malang & around, Gunung Bromo, Bondowoso, Ijen Plateau, Banyuwangi, Bali, Kuta, Seminyak, Canggu & around, Bukit Peninsula, Denpasar, Sanur, Nusa Lembongan, Ubud & around, East Coast Beaches, Semarapura (Klungkung), Sidemen Road, Padangbai, Candidasa, Tirta Gangga, Gunung Batur Area, Danau Bratan Area, Munduk, Lovina, Pemuteran, Nusa Tenggara, Lombok, Gili Islands, Sumbawa, Komodo & Rinca, Flores, West Timor, Sumba, Sumatra, Padang, Bukittinggi, Danau Maninjau, Danau Toba, Berastagi, Medan, Bukit Lawang, Tangkahan, Banda Aceh, Pulau Weh, Kalimantan, West & Central Kalimantan, East Kalimantan, Pulau Derawan, Sulawesi, Makassar (Ujung Padang), Tana Toraja, Tentena, Poso, Ampana, Togean Islands, Gorontalo, Manado, Pulau Bunaken, Tomohon, Maluku, Pulau Ambon, Banda Islands, Papua (Irian Jaya), Jayapura, Sentani, Baliem Valley, Sorong, Raja Ampat Islands, Understand Indonesia, Indonesia Today, History, People & Culture, Environment, Food & Drink, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.