Southeast Asia on a Shoestring - Brunei Darussalam (PDF Chapter)
This is the Brunei Darussalam chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southeast Asia on a Shoe-string guidebook.
Look beneath the surface of this well-ordered and tightly regulated sultanate and you’ll see the underlying warmth of Brunei’s people and the wisely conserved wildness of its natural envi-ronment. Old-growth, primary forest abounds, especially in verdant Ulu Temburong National Park.
- climb high into the rainforest canopy and swim in a cool jungle river at Ulu Temburong Na-tional Park
- visit a mosque, museum or shopping mall and exploring the restaurant scene in Bandar Seri Begawan
- spot proboscis monkeys and glimpse royal palaces from a water taxi on the Sungai Bru-nei
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bandar Seri Begawan, Temburong District, Bangar, Ulu Temburong National Park, Understand Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Darussalam Today, His-tory, People & Culture, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice