*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Southeast Asia on a Shoestring - Brunei Darussalam (PDF Chapter)
This is the Brunei Darussalam chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southeast Asia on a Shoestring guidebook.
In tiny Brunei, magnificent mosques contrast with charmingly haphazard water villages, while nearby mangrove forests house proboscis monkeys and crocodiles. This tranquil nation is the realisation of a strict, socially controlled religious state where happiness is found in pious worship.
- climb high into the rainforest canopy and swim in a cool jungle river at Ulu Temburong National Park
- tear along mangrove-lined waterways on a speedboat from Bandar Seri Begawan to Bangar
- take a water taxi to the water village of Kampong Ayer and gorge on the culinary delights of Bandar Seri Begawan
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bandar Seri Begawan, Temburong District, Bangar, Ulu Temburong National Park, Understand Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Darussalam Today, History, People & Culture, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.