South Pacific - Understand the South Pacific and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history – from the first settlers 50,000 years ago, the Ancient Lapita culture and the evangelisation of the Pacific, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the Pacific psyche
- info on European influence on the islands
- full coverage of South Pacific environmental issues
- details on the islands’ top archaeological sites
Coverage includes: South Pacific Today, History – from The Great Polynesian Migration to European influences on the islands, Environmental Issues, Culture, Lifestyle & Religion, Art & Influence, Food & Drink, Directory A–Z, Transport and Health.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.