South Pacific - Tahiti & French Polynesia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tahiti & French Polynesia chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Pacific guidebook.
Just the name Tahiti conjures up centuries of legend and lifetimes of daydreams. Its 18th-century reputation as a wanton playground of flower-bedecked Polynesians in an Eden-like setting has morphed into a 21st-century image of a chic honeymoon haven.
- explore the divinely lush and craggy interior of Tahiti by 4WD
- dive with sharks and manta rays in Rangiroa’s fantastic Tiputa Pass
- pamper yourself on ultragorgeous and over-the-top luxurious Bora Bora
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tahiti, Pape’ete, Around Tahiti Nui, Tahiti Iti, Mo’orea, Huahine, Ra’iatea & Taha’a, Bora Bora, Maupiti, Tuamotu Islands, Rangiroa, Fakarava, Tikehau, Marquesas Islands, Nuku Hiva, ‘Ua Huka, ‘Ua Pou, Hiva Oa, Fatu Hiva, The Austral Islands, Rurutu, Tubuai and Raivavae.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.