South Pacific - Fiji (PDF Chapter)
This is the Fiji chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Pacific guidebook.
While Fiji’s ludicrously blue skies, perfectly swaying palms and eye-smarting white sands provide the backdrop to many a tropical-paradise daydream, there’s much more to the country than languid sun-lounge lying and coconut dodging.
- relax in the cobalt waters and somniferous sun of the Mamanuca and Yasawa islands
- remember to breathe when the first bull shark swims into view in the waters off Pacific Harbour
- have a drink at the Tanoa bowl in the traditional village of Navala
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Viti Levu, Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Southern Viti Levu & the Coral Coast, Viti Levu’s Kings Road, Mamanuca Group, South Sea Island, Bounty Island, Beachcomber Island, Treasure Island, Vomo, Navini, Malolo Lailai, Malolo, Castaway Island, Mana, Matamanoa, Modriki, Tokoriki, Namotu & Tavarua, Yasawa Group, Kuata, Wayasewa, Waya, Naviti, Matacawalevu & Yaqeta, Tavewa, Nanuya Lailai, Nacula, Sawa-i-Lau, Ovalau & the Lomaiviti Islands, Caqalai, Leleuvia, Vanua Levu, Savusavu, Namenalala, Labasa, Taveuni, Waiyevo, Somosomo, Matei, Offshore Islands, Kadavu Group, Lau Group, Vanua Balavu and Rotuma.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.