South Pacific - Easter Island (Rapa Nui) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Easter Island (Rapa Nui) chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Pacific guidebook.
Few places possess a more mystical pull than this tiny speck of land, one of the most isolated places on Earth. Although it’s world famous and visitors are on the increase, everything remains small and personable – it’s all about eco-travel.
- clip-clop on the flanks of the extinct volcano Maunga Terevaka
- hike along the ruggedly beautiful northern coast
- seek solace on the mysterious Península Poike
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hanga Roa and Parque Nacional Rapa Nui; Rano Raraku, Orongo Village, Ana Kakenga, Ahu Akivi, Maunga Terevaka, Puna Pau and Rano Kau.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience