South India & Kerala - Telangana & Andhra Pradesh (PDF Chapter)
This is the Telangana & Andhra Pradesh chapter from Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guidebook.
Hyderabad’s old quarter of colourful markets, teahouses and narrow lanes is studded with the monuments and palaces of bygone dynasties. The other attractions of these two states are less brazen, but dig around and you will unearth gems – like the wonderful medieval temple sculptures of Palampet.
- explore the markets, feasting on the food and gazing on the architectural marvels of historical and contemporary Hyderabad
- absorb the meditative vibrations of monks past at beautiful Sankaram, Bavikonda, Thotlakonda, and Guntupalli, destinations on a 2300-year-old monastic trail
- enjoy the genius of Kakatiya sculptors at Palampet and Warangal
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hyderabad, Bhongir, Warangal, Palampet, Vijayawada & around, Nagarjunakonda, Visakhapatnam & around, Tirumala, Tirupati and around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.