*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
South India & Kerala - Telangana & Andhra Pradesh (PDF Chapter)
This is the Telangana & Andhra Pradesh chapter from Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guidebook.
Hyderabad is reason enough on its own to visit this region. Its skyline is defined by the great domes and minarets of ancient mosques, mausoleums and palaces of once-mighty dynasties. The other attractions of these states are less brazen, but you can unearth gems: medieval temple sculptures, ancient Buddhist sites and cheery coastal towns.
- explore the Old City and its unique markets, architectural marvels and restaurants of Hyderabad
- absorb the meditative ambience at beautiful Sankaram, as well as Bavikonda, Thotlakonda and Guntupalli, all destinations on the 2300-year-old monastic trail
- revel in the genius of Kakatiya sculptors at the temple near the village of Palampet
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Off the Beaten Track, Hyderabad, Telangana, Bhongir, Warangal, Palampet, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada, Around Vijayawada, Nagarjunakonda, Visakhapatnam, Around Visakhapatnam, Tirumala & Tirupati, Around Tirumala & Tirupati, When to Go.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.