South India & Kerala - Mumbai (Bombay) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mumbai (Bombay) chapter from Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guidebook.
Mumbai is full of dreamers and hard-labourers, starlets and gangsters, artists, servants, and millionaires; and it’s huge. Home to both a prolific film industry and Asia’s biggest slums, this is India’s financial powerhouse, fashion epicentre and a tension pulse point. Full of furious energy, Mumbai will show you all the beautiful extremes of India.
- marvel at Mumbai’s colonial-era architecture, including this monumental Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus train station
- investigate the labyrinthine lanes and stalls in the ancient bazaar district
- dine like a maharaja at one of India’s best restaurants, such as Peshawri
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.