*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
South India & Kerala - Maharashtra (PDF Chapter)
This is the Maharashtra chapter from Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guidebook.
Maharashtra showcases many of India’s iconic attractions: palm-fringed beaches, lofty, cool-green mountains, World Heritage Sites and bustling cosmopolitan cities. In the far east of the state are some of the nation’s most impressive national parks, including the Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve.
- be amazed by the intricate beauty of the Kailasa Temple at Ellora
- wander through ancient cave galleries at Ajanta
- search for big cats inside Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nasik & around, Aurangabad & around, Ellora, Ajanta, Jalgaon, Nagpur & around, Konkan Coast, Matheran, Lonavla, Karla & Bhaja Caves, Pune and around and Kolhapur.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.