South India & Kerala - Karnataka & Bengaluru (PDF Chapter)
This is the Karnataka & Bengaluru chapter from Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guidebook.
Blessed with a diverse makeup conforming to all the romance of quintessential India, Karnataka delivers with its winning blend of palaces, tiger reserves, megacities, ancient ruins, beaches and legendary hang-outs. At its nerve centre is the silicon-capital Bengaluru (Bangalore), overfed with the good life.
- marvel at the gravity-defying boulders, and wandering among the melancholic ruins of Hampi
- hit Gokarna for its beautiful beaches and legendary chilled-out atmosphere minus the resorts
- savour aromatic coffee while recharging your soul in the cool highlands of the Kodagu Region
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bengaluru (Bangalore) & around, Mysuru (Mysore) and around, Bandipur National Park, Nagarhole National Park & around, Kodagu (Coorg) Region, Belur & Halebid, Sravanabelagola, Mangaluru (Mangalore), Dharmasthala, Udupi (Udipi), Malpe, Jog Falls, Gokarna, Hampi & around, Hospet (Hosapete), Hubli (Hubballi), Badami and around, Bijapur (Vijapura) and Bidar.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.