South India & Kerala - Karnataka & Bengaluru (PDF Chapter)
This is the Karnataka & Bengaluru chapter from Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guidebook.
A stunning introduction to southern India, Karnataka is a prosperous, compelling state loaded with a winning blend of urban cool, glittering palaces, national parks, ancient ruins, beaches, yoga centres and legendary hang-outs.
- soak up the surreal landscapes, sociable travellers’ scene and epic ruins in magical, evocative Hampi
- search for the perfect cove beach in low-key coastal Gokarna, then touring its atmospheric temples
- sample craft beers, dining out in style and enjoying the museums and sights of this cosmopolitan city of Bengaluru
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, Southern Karnataka, Bengaluru (Bangalore), Around Bengaluru, Mysuru (Mysore), Around Mysuru, Bandipur National Park, Nagarhole National Park, Kodagu (Coorg) Region, Hassan, Belur (Beluru), Halebid, Sravanabelagola, Karnataka Coast, Mangaluru (Mangalore), Dharmasthala, Udupi, Malpe, Jog Falls, Gokarna, Central Karnataka, Hampi, Around Hampi, Hosapete (Hospet), Hubballi (Hubli), Northern Karnataka, Badami, Around Badami, Vijapura (Bijapur), Bidar, When to Go.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.