*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
South India & Kerala - Goa (PDF Chapter)
This is the Goa chapter from Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guidebook.
Goa is like no other state in India. It could be the Portuguese colonial influence, the endless beaches, the glorious whitewashed churches or the relaxed culture of susegad – a uniquely Goan term that translates as ‘laid-backness’.
- bask in the glory of the grand Se Cathedral and Basilica of Bom Jesus at historic Old Goa
- wander the Portuguese-era quarters of Panaji, cruise the Mandovi and linger over lunch at one of its traditional Goan restaurants
- open up your chakras and join one of the yoga retreats around Assagao and Anjuna
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Panaji (Panjim), Old Goa, Ponda & around, Mapusa, Candolim, Sinquerim & Port Aguada, Calangute & Baga, Anjuna, Vagator & Chapora, Morjim & Aswem, Arambol (Harmal), Margao, Chandor, Colva & Benaulim, Benaulim to Agonda, Agonda and Palolem & around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.