*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
South India & Kerala - Goa (PDF Chapter)
This is the Goa chapter from Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guidebook.
Pint-sized Goa is much more than beaches and trance parties. A kaleidoscopic blend of Indian and Portuguese cultures, sweetened with sun, sea, sand, seafood and spirituality, there’s nowhere in India quite like it.
- explore the historic Latin Quarter of Panaji, shopping and eating well in India’s most laid-back state capital
- drop in to a yoga class at Assagao, Anjuna, Arambol or Mandrem
- haggle for a bargain at the touristy but fun Anjuna Flea Market
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Beaches, Best Places to Sleep, Panaji & Central Goa, Panaji (Panjim), Old Goa, North Goa, Mapusa, Candolim, Calangute & Baga, Anjuna, Assagao, Vagator & Chapora, Morjim, Aswem, Mandrem, Arambol (Harmal), South Goa, Margao, Chandor, Colva, Benaulim, Agonda, Palolem, Patnem, When to Go.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.