South India & Kerala - Understand South India & Kerala and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the South India Today, History, The Way of Life, Spiritual India, Deli-cious India, The Great Indian Bazaar, The Arts, Architectural Splendour, Wildlife & Landscape, Scams, Women & Solo Travellers, Directory A-Z, Transport, Health, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, wildlife and architecture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the best South Indian cuisine
- info for solo and women travellers
- full coverage of the history of the region, from ancient empires to independence to the modern-day south
- details on arts, crafts and markets
Coverage includes: South India Today, History, The Way of Life, Spiritual India, Delicious India, The Great Indian Bazaar, The Arts, Architectural Splendour, Wildlife & Landscape, Scams, Women & Solo Travellers, Directory A-Z, Transport, Health, and Lan-guage.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.