South India & Kerala - Telangana & Andhra Pradesh (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Telangana & Andhra Pradesh chapter from Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guidebook.
Hyderabad, one of Islamic India’s greatest cities, is reason enough on its own to visit this re-gion. Its skyline is a sight to behold, defined by the great domes and minarets of ancient mosques, mausoleums and palaces of once-mighty dynasties.
- explore Hyderabad’s Old City and its unique markets, architectural marvels and hidden shrines
- absorb the meditative ambience at beautiful Sankaram, as well as Bavikonda, Thotlakonda and Guntupalli, all destinations on the 2300-year-old monastic trail
- revel in the genius of Kakatiya sculptors at the temple near Palampet
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Telangana, Hyderabad, Bhongir, Warangal, Palampet, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada, Amaravathi, Nagarjunakonda, Visakhapatnam & Around, Tirumala & Tirupati.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.