South India & Kerala - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to South India & Kerala, South India & Kerala’s Top 12, Need to Know, What’s New, If You Like..., Month by Month, Itineraries, Booking Trains, Yoga, Spas & Spiritual Pursuits, Volunteering, Travel with Children, and Regions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guidebook.
Your journey to South India & Kerala starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on travel with children.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about yoga, spas and spiritual pursuits
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to South India & Kerala, South India & Ker-ala’s Top 12, Need to Know, What’s New, If You Like: Beaches, Temples & Ruins, Forts & Palac-es, Meditation & Yoga, Bazaars, Nature, Hill Stations, City Sophistication, Traveller Enclaves, Boat Trips, Local Festivals, Month by Month, Itineraries, Booking Trains, Yoga, Spas & Spiritual Pursuits, Volunteering, Travel with Children, and Regions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation