South India & Kerala - Mumbai (Bombay) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mumbai (Bombay) chapter from Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guidebook.
If Mumbai is your introduction to India, prepare yourself for its furious energy. It contains some of the world’s grandest colonial-era architecture, but explore a little more and you’ll uncover unique bazaars, hidden temples, hipster enclaves and India’s premier restaurants and night-life.
- marvel at the magnificent Unesco-listed colonial-era architecture, including monumental Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus
- wage war on your senses at Sassoon Docks, Mumbai’s cinematic fishing docks
- dine like a maharaja at one of India’s best restaurants, such as Peshawri
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.