South India & Kerala - Goa (PDF Chapter)
This is the Goa chapter from Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guidebook.
Pint-sized Goa is much more than beaches and trance parties. A kaleidoscopic blend of In-dian and Portuguese cultures, sweetened with sun, sea, sand, seafood and spirituality, there’s nowhere in India quite like it.
- explore Panaji’s historic Latin Quarter, and shop and eat well in India’s most laid-back state capital
- drop in to a yoga or cooking class at Assagao, Anjuna, Arambol or Mandrem
- haggle for a bargain at touristy but fun Anjuna Flea Market
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Panaji & Central Goa, Panaji, Old Goa, North Goa, Mapusa, Candolim, Calangute & Baga, Anjuna, Assagao, Vagator & Chapora, Morjim, Asvem, Mandrem, Arambol (Harmal), South Goa, Margao, Colva, Benaulim, Agonda, Palolem, Pat-nem.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation