South India & Kerala - Andaman Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Andaman Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guidebook.
With shimmering turquoise waters fringed by primeval jungle, fantastic diving, and sug-ar-white, sun-toasted beaches melting under flame-and-purple sunsets, the far-flung Andaman Islands are the perfect Indian escape. With splendid beaches and diving, Havelock (Swaraj) is by far the most popular.
- dive, snorkel, sun-soak, socialise, and feast on fresh seafood on dreamy, jungle-cloaked Havelock Island
- ease into a blissfully mellow pace of life and cycle between beaches and rice paddies on Neil Island
- experience the wilds of North Andaman in Kalipur and see nesting turtles while is-land-hopping to pristine sands and coral reefs
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Port Blair & Around, Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep), Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep), Middle & North Andaman, Little Andaman.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation