*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
South Australia & Northern Territory - Western South Australia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western South Australia chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Australia & Northern Territory guidebook.
Within striking range of Adelaide, the Yorke Peninsula exudes agrarian beauty: deep azure summer skies and yellow barley fields spread across hazy rolling hills. Further west on the gargantuan Eyre Peninsula, wheat fields extend from horizon to horizon, while tuna, whiting and oysters abound offshore.
- dig into Cornish copper-mining history in Moonta
- discover industrial remnants, sparkling waters and remote surf breaks at Innes National Park
- see some seafood (or better still, eat it) in Port Lincoln, the tuna capital of Australia
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Yorke Peninsula, West Coast, East Coast, South Coast & Innes National Park, Eyre Peninsula & the West Coast, Port Augusta, Port Lincoln, Coffin Bay, Streaky Bay & Around, Ceduna to the Western Australia Border.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.