*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
South Australia & Northern Territory - Uluru & Outback Northern Territory (PDF Chapter)
This is the Uluru & Outback Northern Territory chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Australia & Northern Territory guidebook.
The remote and untamed chunk of the Northern Territory from Katherine to Uluru is where dreams end and adventure begins. If you enjoy off-road driving, meeting real characters of the outback, and ancient land sliced into escarpments and gorges, then you’ve come to the right place.
- watch the sunrise and sunset alter the earth’s colour palette on the strangely spiritual rock, Uluru
- hike through the hidden valleys and deep-red monoliths of Kata Tjuta
- swim in croc-free waters and hike through splendid gorge country in Nitmiluk National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Katherine & Around, Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) National Park, Katherine to Western Australia, Mataranka, Beswick (Wugularr), Barkly Tableland & Gulf Country, Roper Highway, Carpentaria & Tablelands Highways, Borroloola, Central Northern Territory, Daly Waters, Tennant Creek, Devil’s Marbles & Around, Tanami Track, Alice Springs, MacDonnell Ranges, East MacDonnell Ranges, West MacDonnell Ranges, Northern Territory’s Far South, Old South Road, Rainbow Valley Conservation Reserve, Ernest Giles Road, Lasseter Highway, Watarrka National Park & Kings Canyon, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Yulara, Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (The Olgas).
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.