Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
South Australia & Northern Territory - Darwin & the Top End (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Darwin & the Top End chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Australia & Northern Territory guidebook.
The Top End is frontier country. It feels wild out here; time spent exploring the region’s outer reaches will feel like exploring the Australia of childhood imaginings. Darwin itself is an intriguing place with a steamy, end-of-Australia feel, excellent markets, restaurants and galleries of Indigenous art.
- experience wildlife, rock art and Aboriginal culture in Kakadu National Park, one of Australia’s premier parks
- plunge into a cascading, crystal-clear rock pool in the oasis-like Litchfield National Park
- tour the remote and hypnotically beautiful Arnhem Land, and draw near to Indigenous culture
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Darwin, Tiwi Island, Arnhem Highway, Berry Springs, Batchelor, Litchfield National Park, Daly River, Pine Creek, Kakadu National Park, Ubirr & Around, Jabiru, Nourlangie, Jim Jim Falls & Twin Falls, Cooinda & Yellow Water, Southwestern Kakadu, Arnhem Land, Gunbalanya (Oenpelli), Cobourg Peninsula, Eastern Arnhem Land.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.