South Australia & Northern Territory - Adelaide & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Adelaide & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Australia & Northern Territory guidebook.
Capital of the driest state on the driest inhabited continent, Adelaide beats the heat by celebrating life’s finer things: fine landscapes, fine festivals, fine food, and fine wine. Inland, Adelaide’s plains rise into the Adelaide Hills. Further afield, Kangaroo Island’s wildlife and seafood await.
- roam the delicious-smelling aisles at Adelaide’s world-class Central Market
- join Adelaide’s after-work booze hounds at one of the pubs or bars on Peel St, Leigh St or at Rundle St’s Exeter Hotel
- watch the cricket or footy, or take a behind-the-scenes tour of the excellent Adelaide Oval
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Adelaide, Adelaide Hills, Hahndorf, Stirling Area, Gumeracha,Birdwood & Lobethal, Mt Barker, Fleurieu Peninsula, McLaren Vale, Willunga, Gulf St Vincent Beaches, Victor Harbor, Port Elliot, Goolwa, Kangaroo Island, Penneshaw & Dudley Peninsula, American River, Kingscote, North Coast Road, South Coast Road, Flinders Chase National Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
South Australia & Northern Territory - Barossa Valley & Southeastern South Australia (PDF Chapter)