South America - Uruguay (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Uruguay chapter from Lonely Planet’s South America guidebook.
Short-term visitors will find plenty to keep them busy in cosmopolitan Montevideo, picturesque Colonia and party-till-you-drop Punta del Este. But it pays to dig deeper. Go wildlife-watching along the Atlantic coast, or horseback riding under the big sky of Uruguay’s interior.
- dance during Montevideo’s Carnaval
- catch a wave or beach party along Punta del Diablo’s shoreline
- soak your muscles in the hot springs near Salto
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Montevideo, Western Uruguay, Colonia del Sacra-mento, Carmelo, Mercedes, Paysandú, Salto, Tacuarembó & Around, Eastern Uruguay, Piriápolis & Around, Punta del Este, Cabo Polonio, Punta del Diablo, Parque Nacional Santa Teresa, Un-derstand Uruguay, Uruguay Today, History, Culture, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.