South America - Paraguay (PDF Chapter)
This is the Paraguay chapter from Lonely Planet’s South America guidebook.
Little-visited Paraguay is ideal for those keen to get off the gringo trail for an authentic South American experience. The steamy subtropical Atlantic Forest of the east is a stark contrast to the dry, spiny wilderness of the Chaco.
- party until well after dawn at Carnaval in hedonistic Encarnación
- watch a jaguar laze in the shade and sleep under billions of stars in The Chaco
- make a difference by volunteering on scientific and social projects in the quaint, colonial City of Birds, Pilar
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Asunción & Around, Circuito de Oro, San Bernardino, Southern Paraguay, Encarnación & Around, Pilar, Jesuit Missions, Parque Nacional San Rafael, Eastern Paraguay, Ciudad del Este & Around, Mbaracayú Biosphere Reserve, Northern Para-guay, Concepción, Bahía Negra & the Pantanal Paraguayo, The Chaco, The Mennonite Colo-nies & Around, Northwestern National Parks, Understand Paraguay, Paraguay Today, History, People & Culture, Arts, Sports, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only. *Not available for newer titles
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.