South America on a Shoestring - Uruguay (PDF Chapter)
The excellent hostel scene, extensive bus network, good restaurants and abundant campsites make Uruguay a backpacker’s dream. Even world-class destinations such as Colonia del Sacramento and Punta del Este offer abundant cheap sleeps in all but the absolute peak periods.
- get snap-happy on the picturesque cobbled streets of Colonia del Sacramento
- catch a wave or a beachside bonfire in Punta del Diablo, way up near the Brazilian border
- get those hips moving to the candombe rhythm at Montevideo’s Carnaval party
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Montevideo, Colonia del Sacramento, Carmelo, Mercedes, Paysandú, Salto, Tacuarembó & around, Piriápolis & around, Punta del Este, Cabo Polonio, Punta del Diablo, Parque Nacional Santa Teresa, Understand Uruguay, Uruguay Today, History, Culture, Sports, Arts, Cuisine, Environment, Survival Guide, When to Go, Connections, Essential Food & Drink, Fast Facts, Exchange Rates, Set Your Budget, Resources.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.