South America on a Shoestring - Understand South America and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the South America Today, History, South American People & Culture, Directory A–Z, Transportation, and Health chapters from Lonely Planet’s South America on a Shoestring guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, music, and contemporary lifestyles to flights, public transport, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the vibrant music you’ll be dancing to all over the region
- info on South America’s optimistic future full of peace and prosperity
- full coverage of the continent’s drive towards independence and freedom from foreign rule
- details on the South American people and culture of today
Coverage includes: South America Today, History, South American People & Culture, Directory A–Z, Transportation, Health, and Behind the Scenes.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.