Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
South America on a Shoestring travel guide
13th Edition Oct 2016
Ships in 1-2 business days
was $29.99 USD
PDF, EPUB, MOBI
was $20.99 USD
Digital PDF only
Book + eBook
was $38.99 USD
Andean peaks, Amazonian rainforest, Patagonian glaciers, Inca ruins, colonial towns, white-sand beaches and vertiginous nightlife: the wonders of South America set the stage for incredible adventures. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of South America on a Shoestring, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet South America on a Shoestring is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to skip, what hidden discoveries await you, and most importantly, how to optimize your budget for an extended continental trip. Drift between river towns in the Amazon, shake it in Rio de Janeiro or hustle for traditional crafts in Ecuador all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of South America and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet South America on a Shoestring:
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, lifestyle, arts, religion, outdoor activities, cuisine, sports, environment, politics
- Over 170 maps
Covers: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela and more
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.