*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
South America on a Shoestring - Peru (PDF Chapter)
Peru’s terrain ranges from glaciated Andean peaks and coastal deserts to steamy rainforests in the Amazon Basin. Excavate the past – with temples entangled in jungle vines, windswept desert tombs and shamanic rituals still used today – to find a lost-world adventure.
- trek a breathless rite of passage to awe-inspiring ancient Inca ruins hidden in cloud forest at Machu Picchu
- pound colonial Andean cobblestone streets in Cuzco, taking in historical museums, and trek humbling Inca hillsides
- explore the historical city of Arequipa surrounded by imposing volcanoes and sunken canyons
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lima, Pisco, Ica, Huacachina, Nazca, Tacna, Arequipa, Canyon Country, Arequipa, Cañón del Colca, Lake Titicaca, Juliaca, Puno & around, Titicaca Islands, The Sacred Valley, Cuzco & around, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu, The Inca Trail, Central Highlands, Ayacucho, North Coast, Trujillo & around, Huanchaco, Chiclayo & around, Piura, Máncora, Huaraz, The Cordilleras, Huaraz, Parque Nacional Huascarán, Northern Highlands, Cajamarca, Chachapoyas, Kuélap, Tarapoto, Amazon Basin, Puerto Maldonado, Parque Nacional Manu, Pucallpa, Iquitos, Reserva Nacional Pacaya-Samiria, Understand Peru, Peru Today, History, Culture, Cuisine, Sports, Arts, Environment, Survival Guide, When to Go, Connections, Essential Food & Drink, Fast Facts, Exchange Rates, Set Your Budget, Resources.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.