South America on a Shoestring - Peru (PDF Chapter)
Peru’s terrain ranges from glaciated Andean peaks and coastal deserts to steamy rainforests in the Amazon Basin. Excavate the past – with temples entangled in jungle vines, windswept desert tombs and shamanic rituals still used today – to find a lost-world adventure.
- trek a breathless rite of passage to awe-inspiring ancient Inca ruins hidden in cloud forest at Machu Picchu
- pound colonial Andean cobblestone streets in Cuzco, taking in historical museums, and trek humbling Inca hillsides
- explore the historical city of Arequipa surrounded by imposing volcanoes and sunken canyons
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lima, Pisco, Ica, Huacachina, Nazca, Tacna, Arequipa, Canyon Country, Arequipa, Cañón del Colca, Lake Titicaca, Juliaca, Puno & around, Titicaca Islands, The Sacred Valley, Cuzco & around, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu, The Inca Trail, Central Highlands, Ayacucho, North Coast, Trujillo & around, Huanchaco, Chiclayo & around, Piura, Máncora, Huaraz, The Cordilleras, Huaraz, Parque Nacional Huascarán, Northern Highlands, Cajamarca, Chachapoyas, Kuélap, Tarapoto, Amazon Basin, Puerto Maldonado, Parque Nacional Manu, Pucallpa, Iquitos, Reserva Nacional Pacaya-Samiria, Understand Peru, Peru Today, History, Culture, Cuisine, Sports, Arts, Environment, Survival Guide, When to Go, Connections, Essential Food & Drink, Fast Facts, Exchange Rates, Set Your Budget, Resources.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.