South America on a Shoestring - Guyana (PDF Chapter)
Few places offer adventure as authentic as densely forested Guyana. The interior of the country is more Amazonian with its Amerindian communities. From sea turtle nesting grounds to riding with vaqueros (cowboys), Guyana is worth the mud, bumps and sweat.
- stand on the ledge of the world’s highest single-drop fall, Kaieteur Falls
- paddle though thriving populations of giant river otters and black caimans in the Rupununi Savanna
- go on a cattle drive with local vaqueros at Dadanawa Ranch
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Georgetown, Berbice, Kaieteur National Park, Iwokrama Rainforest, North Rupununi, South Rupununi, Understand Guyana, Guyana Today, History, Culture, Environment, Survival Guide, When to Go, Connections, Essential Food & Drink, Fast Facts, Exchange Rates, Set Your Budget, Resources.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.