*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
South America on a Shoestring - French Guiana (PDF Chapter)
French Guiana is a tiny country of colonial architecture, prison-camp history and some of the most diverse plant and animal life. It’s a strange mix of French law and rainforest humidity where only a few coastal destinations are easily accessed.
- cast away to Îles du Salut for sand, palms and a creepy, defunct penal colony
- see one of the world’s busiest satellite launchers at the Centre Spatial Guyanais and, with luck, watch a launch
- gorge on Laotian treats and admire ornate embroidery in the Hmong community of Cacao
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cayenne, Rémire-Montjoly, Cacao, Trésor & Kaw Nature Reserves, Kourou, Îles du Salut, St Laurent du Maroni, Mana, Awala-Yalimopo, Understand French Guiana, French Guiana Today, History, Culture, Environment, Survival Guide, When to Go, Connections, Essential Food & Drink, Fast Facts, Exchange Rates, Set Your Budget, Resources.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.