*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
South America on a Shoestring - Ecuador (PDF Chapter)
Amazonian rainforest, snow-covered mountains, premontane cloud forests and the Galápagos Islands set the stage for incredible adventures in this small Andean nation. You can spend one day whitewater rafting and the next gazing up at a 6000m-high volcano.
- delve into Quito’s picturesque Old Town, its cobblestones streets crisscrossing one of Latin America’s finest colonial centers
- experience the Amazon by staying in a jungle lodge, taking wildlife-watching excursions and visiting indigenous villages
- snorkel with sea lions, spot penguins, and come face to face with gigantic tortoises on the spectacular Galápagos Islands
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Quito & around, Mitad del Mundo & around, Termas de Papallacta, \ Mindo, Otavalo & around, Ibarra, Central Highlands, Parque Nacional Cotopaxi, Latacunga, The Quilotoa Loop, Baños, Guaranda, Salinas, Riobamba, Volcán Chimborazo, Alausí, Cuenca & around, Saraguro, Loja, Zamora, Parque Nacional Podocarpus, Vilcabamba, The Oriente, Lago Agrio, Reserva de Producción Faunística Cuyabeno, Coca, Nuevo Rocafuerte, Parque Nacional Yasuní, Tena, Misahuallí, Jatun Sacha Biological Reserve, Puyo, Macas, Pacific Coast & Lowlands, Esmeraldas, Atacames, Súa, Same & Tonchigüe, Mompiche, Canoa, Bahía de Caráquez, Manta, Montecristi, Puerto López, Parque Nacional Machalilla, South of Puerto López, Montañita, Guayaquil, Machala, Huaquillas, Galápagos Islands, Isla Santa Cruz, Isla San Cristóbal, Isla Isabela, Floreana, Understand Ecuador, Ecuador Today, History, Culture, Arts, Cuisine, Environment, Survival Guide, When to Go, Connections, Essential Food & Drink, Fast Facts, Exchange Rates, Set Your Budget, Resources.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.