South America - Guyana (PDF Chapter)
This is the Guyana chapter from Lonely Planet’s South America guidebook.
Few places offer raw adventure as authentic as densely forested Guyana. Although the country has a troubled history, underneath the headlines is a joyful and motivated mix of people who are slowly turning the country into the continent’s best-kept ecotourism secret.
- stand on the ledge of Kaieteur Falls, the world’s highest single-drop fall
- paddle past populations of giant river otters in the wildlife-rich Rupununi Savanna
- go on a cattle drive with vaqueros (cowboys) at historic Dadanawa Ranch
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes:, Georgetown, Northwest Coast, Kaieteur National Park, Iwokrama Rainforest, North Rupununi, South Rupununi, Understand Guyana, Guyana Today, History, Culture, Environment, Survival Guide, When to Go, Entering the Coun-try, Essential Food & Drink, Top Tips, Exchange Rates, Daily Costs, Resources.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.