South America - French Guiana (PDF Chapter)
This is the French Guiana chapter from Lonely Planet’s South America guide-book.
French Guiana is a remote region of France covered in thick jungle and wilderness, and you’ll find colonial architecture, eerie prison-camp history and some of the world’s most diverse plant and animal life here.
- escape the mainland for sand, palms and a creepy, defunct penal colony on the Îles du Salut
- tour one of the world’s busiest satellite launchers at the Centre Spatial Guyanais
- gorge on Laotian treats and admire ornate embroidery in the remote hillside village of Ca-cao
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes:, Cayenne, Cacao, Trésor & Kaw Nature Reserves, Kourou, Îles du Salut, St Laurent du Maroni, Mana & Awala-Yalimopo, Understand French Gui-ana, French Guiana Today, History, Culture, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.