South America - Ecuador (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Ecuador chapter from Lonely Planet’s South America guidebook.
Postcard-pretty colonial centers, waves splashing white-sand beaches, Kichwa villages, Am-azonian rainforest and the breathtaking Andes – a dazzling array of wonders is squeezed into this compact country. The famous Galápagos Islands, with their volcanic, other-worldly land-scapes, are a magnet for wildlife lovers.
- delve into Quito’s picturesque Old Town, its cobblestone streets crisscrossing one of Latin America’s finest colonial centers
- stay in a jungle lodge, take wildlife-watching excursions and visit indigenous villages in La Oriente
- snorkel with sea lions, spot penguins, and come face to face with gigantic tortoises in the Galápagos Islands
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Quito & Around, La Mitad del Mundo, Volcán Pulula-hua, Northern Highlands, Mindo, Otavalo & Around, Ibarra, Central Highlands, Parque Nacional Cotopaxi, Latacunga, The Quilotoa Loop, Baños, Guaranda, Salinas, Riobamba, Volcán Chim-borazo, Alausí, Southern Highlands, Cuenca & Around, Saraguro, Loja, Zamora, Parque Nacional Podocarpus, Vilcabamba, The Oriente, Lago Agrio, Reserva Producción Faunística Cuyabeno, Coca, Parque Nacional Yasuní, Tena, Misahuallí, Reserva Biológica Jatun Sacha, Puyo, Macas & Around, Pacific Coast & Lowlands, Esmeraldas, Atacames, Súa, Same & Tonchigüe, Mompiche, Canoa, Bahía de Caráquez, Manta, Montecristi, Puerto López, Ruta Spondylus, Guayaquil, Machala, Galápagos Islands, Isla Santa Cruz (Indefatigable), Isla San Cristóbal (Chatham), Isla Isabela (Albemarle), Isla Floreana (Santa María or Charles), Understand Ecuador, Ecuador Today, History, Culture, Arts, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.