South America - Chile (PDF Chapter)
This is the Chile chapter from Lonely Planet’s South America guidebook.
Preposterously thin and unreasonably long, Chile stretches from the belly of South America to its foot, reaching from the driest desert on earth to vast southern glacial fields. There’s wonder in every detail and nature on a symphonic scale.
- hike to the rugged spires of Torres del Paine, Chile’s finest national park
- swirl, sniff and sip your way through Chile’s best vineyards in the Colchagua Valley
- wander steep passageways lined with urban art in the hills of bohemian Valparaíso
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Santiago & Around, Valle de Maipo, Cajón del Maipo, Valparaíso, Viña del Mar & Around, Northern Chile, La Serena, Elqui Valley, Copiapó, Parque Nacional Pan de Azúcar, Antofagasta, Calama, Chuquicamata, San Pedro de Atacama & Around, Iquique, Arica, Route 11 & Putre, Parque Nacional Lauca, Middle Chile, Colchagua Valley, Pichilemu, Curicó, Maule Valley, Chillán, Nevados de Chillán & Valle Las Trancas, Con-cepción, Los Ángeles, The Lakes District, Temuco, Parque Nacional Conguillío, Villarrica, Pucón & Around, Parque Nacional Huerquehue, Parque Nacional Villarrica, Lago Calafquén, Valdivia, Osorno, Parque Nacional Puyehue, Frutillar, Puerto Varas, Ensenada, Parque Nacional Vicente Pérez Rosales, Puerto Montt, Chiloé, Ancud, Castro, Dalcahue & Isla Quinchao, Parque Nacion-al Chiloé, Quellón, Northern Patagonia, Parque Nacional Pumalín, Futaleufú, Puyuhuapi, Parque Nacional Queulat, Coyhaique, Lago General Carrera, Chile Chico, Villa O’Higgins, Southern Patagonia, Punta Arenas, Puerto Natales, Parque Nacional Torres del Paine, Tierra del Fuego, Isla Navarino, Porvenir, Rapa Nui (Easter Island), Hanga Roa, Parque Nacional Rapa Nui, Understand Chile, Chile Today, History, Culture, Arts, Cuisine, Sports, Environment, Surviv-al Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.